Max Fashion is a fashion brand under the banner of the Dubai based Landmark Group. The brand was first launched in May, 2004, in
- 1 History
- 2 MaxFashion.com
- 3 Landmark Group
- 4 India presence
- 5 Awards
- 5.1 2014
- 5.2 2015
- 5.3 2016
- 5.4 2017
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Max Fashion was first established in 2004 in the Middle East, in Abu Dhabi. The year 2006 saw the India launch of the brand with its first store in Indore.
Max, at present, is the largest fashion brand in the Middle East, North Africa, South East Asia & India, with close to 400 stores encompassing 8.5 million sq.ft., across 19 countries, including United Arab Emirates, India, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Jordan, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Yemen, Lebanon, Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia, Nigeria, Libya, Tanzania, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Iraq. In 2016, after a decade of its India launch, Max Fashion released its first television commercial.
Catering to the mid-market segment, Max has its own private label clothing for men, women and children along with footwear, home and accessories, and sees an average footfall of over 100,000 customers every day.
Max started E-commerce & Omni-channel in Middle East & India in the year 2016 to make online shopping simple and customer-friendly through its new website – MaxFashion.com, along with apps for iOS and Android devices. With a higher percentage of customers preferring to shop online nowadays, Max intends to improve its online and mobile presence by launching various Omni-channel features in FY 17–18.
The Landmark Group, with over US$6 billion revenue, is a retail and hospitality conglomerate in the Middle East, Africa, and the Indian sub-continent. Currently based out of Dubai, the company was established in 1973, with its first store in Bahrain. The group’s current employee base stands at 55,000 employees operating over 2,400 outlets, with a retail presence of over 30 million sq. ft. across 21 countries.
Landmark Group has multiple retail concepts for the family, including Centrepoint, Babyshop, Splash, Shoe Mart, Lifestyle, Iconic, Max, Shoexpress, Home Centre, Home Box and Emax. The Group also holds franchise rights for many global fashion and footwear brands in the countries where it operates. Since its establishment, the Group has diversified into the segments of leisure, food, hospitality, and healthcare with Landmark leisure, Balance Spa and Salon, Citymax Hotels, Fitness First, and Foodmark, the Group’s restaurant division, which operates the Group’s own franchise food outlets.
Max, a division of Lifestyle India Pvt. Ltd., opened its 1st store in Indore in the year 2006. In India, Max has more than 200 stores across 80 cities. Max is a mono brand with its own label merchandise that is created by in-house designers for every season, and is currently growing at a 35% CAGR year on year.
Max caters to family as its primary TG and Youth as its secondary TG. With Youth contribution to business growing by 68% every year, the brand engages with this target audience throughout the year. Max launched three IPR’s in the space of modelling, design & acting, facilitating aspirations and democratizing fashion for the youth.
- Max Elite Model Look
- Max Design Awards
- Max Emerging Star
Max also launched the Max Emerging Star in 2017 in 4 smart cities across India, a property specifically targeted to enable young aspirants’ dreams of getting their foothold in the Bollywood, entertainment and glamour industry. Max Emerging Star 2017 is associated with eminent stars from Bollywood namely, acting Legend Anupam Kher and India’s favorite Dance Guru Terence Lewis.
2016 was the third year of Elite Model Look India and Max association. This year, the property was conducted at a grand scale in India across 7 cities with more than 10,000 participants along with the grand world finale taking place in Milan, with India winners competing with 30 other countries.
- 2014 – Max Fashion partnered with Elite Model Management to sponsor ‘Elite Model Look India 2014’, the winners of which went on to represent India at the Elite Model finale in China. Former Femina Miss India Supranational Vijaya Sharma and Rinku Malik, both from New Delhi, were declared as winners of the event.
- 2015 – The winners of Elite Model Look India 2015, Dipti Sharma and Pranav Patidar, went to represent India in the World Finale held in Milan, Italy.
- 2016 – The winners of the Elite Model Look India 2016, Ajay Singh and Priyanka BV, represented India in the World Finale held in Lisbon, Portugal.
- Ajay Singh won People’s choice award title in the world finale.
The third edition of Max Design Awards was conducted for fashion students from 60 design colleges in 20 cities across the country. The panel of judges included fashion designers Nachiket Barve, Varun Bahl, Priyadarshni Rao, along with Vasanth Kumar, design head Kamakshi Kaul and project head Marc Robinson.
- Max won One Gold and one Silver at the 3rd Asian Customer Engagement Forum Integrated Marketing Awards, 2014. The Gold was in the ‘Integrated Marketing Campaign’ category and the Silver for the ‘Brand Building’ category.
- Max won the ‘People’s Choice Retailer of the Year’ at the Retail Brilliance Awards, 2014, by the BOC.
- Max won the ‘Value Fashion Retailer of the year’ at the Star Retailer Awards 2014 for excellence in retailing.
- Max won the “Most Admired Retailer of the Year” – Affordable Fashion at the Middle East retail Forum Awards, 2015.
- Max won “Images Most Admired Fashion Retailer of the Year 2015” – Large format store chain at the Image Retail Awards.
- Max won the “Brand Excellence in the Retail Sector” and the “Marketing Campaign of the Year” at the 6th CMO Asia Awards, 2015.
- Mr. Vasanth Kumar was awarded “The Retail Professional of the Year 2015” from CMAI, for his contribution to the growth & performance of Max India.
- At Retail Excellence Awards by CMO Asia Max won across multiple categories.
- Retailer of the year – Fashion & Lifestyle
- Retail marketing campaign of the year
- Awards for Customer Loyalty Program, Effective Retail through Supply chain, Impactful Retail Design & Visual Merchandising and the Employer of the Year at the Ret
- Mr. Sandeep Narain was awarded the “Retail Leader of the year”
- Max won the “Marketing Campaign of the year” for the Kids Festival in Summer ’16 at the 7th CMO Asia Awards for Excellence in Branding and Marketing held in Singapore August’16.
- Max won the Images’ “Most Admired Retailer of the Year –Fashion & Lifestyle” at the Images Retail Awards 2016, 2nd year in a row.
- Max won the ‘JURY Award for Images’ Most Admired Fashion Retailer of the Year – Marketing & Promotions’ at the 16th Images Fashion Awards.
- Max won the”Best In-house Magazine” award of the year at the Middle East Branding & Marketing Leadership Awards 2016 held in Dubai in October 2016
- Max won “Fashion Retailer of the year“ award at the Star Retailer Awards 2016 held in Delhi on October 2016.
- Max won “Asia’s most promising brand” in Bangkok, by WCRC- World Consulting and Research Corporation, 2016.
- Max was recognized by the Great Places to Work Institute as one of the premier brands to work for. MAX received ’12th Best Workplace in Asia’ and ‘3rd Best Retail Company to Work for in India’ for 2016, in association with Retailers Association of India.
- Max won the “Marketing Campaign of the Year Award” at the Global Marketing Excellence Awards 2016.
- Max won “Images Most Admired Retailer of the Year –Fashion & Lifestyle” at the Images Retail Awards 2017 for the third consecutive year.
- Max was awarded “Retailer of the year –Fashion & Lifestyle” at the CMO Asia Presents Retail Excellence Awards that was held in Singapore.
- Max was awarded “Best Retail Licensing Brand” at the INDIA LICENSING AWARDS 2017 @ ILE 2017 Mumbai.
- Max won the award for the “Best HR initiative of the year 16-17” at the TRRAIN retail awards 2017. Award was given to the “Know Your Values” campaign that Max Fashion has been running at stores and regional offices over the last year.
- Max (India) won the “Images most admired retailer of the year –Fashion & Lifestyle” at the Images Retail Awards September, 2017. This is the 4th year in a row Max has won this award.
- Max (India) won the “Best Loyalty program” at the Images Retail Awards September, 2017.
- Max (India) won the “Fashion Retailer of the year” at the Franchisee India Star Retailer awards 2017 held in Delhi on November 2017.
- Official website